Five things from this past week that made me smile
- The fact that my kids completely demolished the pasta dish I made on Wednesday night – pasta with roasted red pepper sauce, artichoke hearts and grilled chicken. In the past, such a combination would have elicited complaints and general “food drama”.
- Discernibly longer days, ie glimpses of the sunrise at 6:30am and daylight past 5pm! Here's proof - a photo taken at 6:30, on the cusp of daybreak:
- Serendipitous radio play of two songs from The Soundtrack of my Life – Father Figure by George Michael and Sweet Sensation by INXS. Felt like I was in college again
- Hubby, who just started going to yoga class with me, mentioning he wants to go early so we can “get a good spot”. Hey, maybe I’ve converted him to this yoga thing.
- My daughter’s tweet about me: “Mom yelling downstairs: ‘Louie what outfit should I wear?’ (louie is our cat)”.
|Yeah, Creeping on my Daughter|
I want to clarify that this tweet isn’t 100% true. The exact quote was ‘Louie, what YOGA outfit should I wear?’
Seriously, don’t we all ask our pets what we should wear? After all, they don’t judge, give unconditional approval…
... and make the best post-run napping partners.
Hope you have a great Super Bowl Weekend!